7:48 PM

Ping: Apple's new social network is the Genius "Feature" rebranded

 I have used Apple's new integrated iTunes social network for five minutes and already I think it's useless junk. Here are several reasons why you shouldn't waste your time.
  1. It's just another gimmick to get you to buy music like the Genius "feature." 
  2. I won't buy music from iTunes. I refuse to pay Apple extra money to remove the restrictions from music I paid for that has no business being there in the first place. I can buy the same song with no DRM shackles from Amazon or any of a number of other music stores for less money. The two songs I did buy from Apple with the DRM, will not play on either of my computers even though it says it is authorized on both. It's not even worth the aggravation of going through their pain in the ass tech support for iTunes to get it fixed. 
  3. If my friends, let alone strangers, care what music I like, they'll look on my Facebook profile or just ask me.
  4. I searched for Blues Traveler and it couldn't even find it. There's no excuse for that. They sell Blues Traveler's music in the iTunes store! How, in the name of the Holy Lord Jobs could iTunes possibly be confused by that?! It's like going into a bakery and picking up Wonder Bread from their shelf, and having the checkout clerk go "what's this?" If it was an obscure band I could understand it but Blues Traveler has had a few hits. Besides, like I said, they sell Blues Traveler's music in the very same store that claims to not know what it is. Yes, I checked my spelling. Not like it's a complicated phrase. Blues Traveler was the only thing I searched for and then I just left in disgust.
  5. I'm not going to take the time to search for all my music just to rate it and/or review it. 
  6. There's no real interaction with other people, other than seeing what they listen to. That's not social networking. 
    Enhanced by Zemanta

    0 comments: